Friday, April 3, 2009

April (snow) showers

It is strange that it is already April, isn't it? Pretty soon Easter will be here and then we will finally have spring. I can't wait for the buds on the trees and for my flowers to start coming up. It is so close, yet it seems so far away when we keep having snow!! This is one of the things I love about living in Minnesota, extreme weather in all seasons. I just wish winter wasn't our longest season.....

I rang in April by being woken up by Jonnie yelling in my face "Mom it's after 8:00, we missed the bus!!!" It was only 6:30. As you found out in a previous post, I do not like to wake up any earlier than I have to and loud noises and me do not mix well together in the morning. He quickly said, "April fools!" because he couldn't contain himself any longer and thought it was the funniest thing ever. I had to smile because he got me (: So, Jon and I decided to trick the kids later that day. The kids and I were upstairs and Jon started yelling, "Lorrie come quick, you have to help me, hurry, hurry!!!" He came running upstairs and said he sliced his hand on his pocket knife and he was bleeding all over. He had pored ketchup all over it and into the palm of his hand so he could squeeze some out to look like he couldn't stop the bleeding. I was covering my face to look horrified, but I was actually trying so hard not to laugh!! I even sprang a few tears for a more dramatic effect. I told Jon we needed to go to the ER and stitch it up, so I told the kids to quick get there shoes on. Alaina is very strong in these situations and was helping her brothers get ready. Then Jon and I looked at Jonnie at the same time and felt like complete jerks because he had tears streaming down his face. He was so worried about his dad. That totally took the joy out of it all and we quickly said, "April Fools" but felt crappy about it all. They were all relieved it wasn't true and later laughed about it....next time we won't make our jokes injuries.

Not a whole lot new going on with us. Spring Break is over and we didn't really do anything then either. Just (not so) patiently waiting for the weather to warm up. Hope all is well with everyone!

Happy Friday-no dancing tonight, but forts are made and popcorn, cookies, and tea have been eaten. Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments :

Chris said...

OMG Lorrie!! What torture you have put your kids through...first the 'pretend' injury, then putting Sawyer in the 'dungeon' for a time out??? What are you thinking?
HAHAHA!!! I can't stop laughing, though. We all got a kick out of your April Fools 'joke'. I can imagine how crappy you felt after seeing Jonnie's face...poor boy. He'll never forgive you, you know...

Lorrie said...

Yeah, not looking to good in the parenting department am I.....

Jonnie wasn't mad at all, just really quiet and that made us feel worse-so much for being funny. My funny usually backfires!

Maja said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard! I was so bummed that I forgot about April Fool's until the end of the day this year and didn't get to play any tricks!

Peace is every step said...

You are EVIL!!!! That would be the END of Aidan. Shawn told him to stop screaming or his "ears will bleed" and he flipped out for an hour. I think he'd pack his bags if I did that.