Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Jonnie!


Hard to believe my son is turning seven! What an interesting age we are entering. Not having much experience with seven year old boys it is truly eye-opening. From wanting to be babied to getting mad at me for treating him "like a baby" to being silly, talking back and then helping me with dinner. I never realized boys were so emotional-or maybe it is just my boy (: Last Friday, on our way home from school, he told me he wanted to have a party at the local YMCA-I said, " great, who would you like to invite, I should pick up invites, etc. etc." and he said "we better call them since the party will have to be tomorrow." Needless to say we spent the rest of the drive home with me trying to explain that we could not throw a party the next day, I didn't book the YMCA, and so on only to hear him say over and over how I don't love him and I don't understand anything and how mean I am, sigh....Sometimes I feel like I can't win, ever. Later, he was dancing with me in the kitchen and helped me make dinner and kept saying how he was going to cook for his wife someday and he wants to learn everything about cooking! That's my boy! I felt I was getting through to him in some ways! Will post pictures of the b-day party Next weekend (: I am bringing cupcakes to his classroom tomorrow and having cake (cheesecake at his request) tomorrow night, so hopefully he will have a great birthday-I love you, buddy!

3 comments :

Julie B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONNIE!!! I hope your having a fantastic day :)

I can't believe he is 7 already!
I love hearing more about his personality...the party thing is great..if only it was that easy to whip up a party in a day :)

Chris said...

Oh Lorrie--how I can relate. I think Tanner and him were made out of the same mold, sometimes. He is so good at telling you his feelings, that's for sure. Hate to say this, but my kids love to hear 'Jonnie' stories; mostly about why he gets mad at you.

Happy birthday, big boy! You would think it's Mitchell's birthday, he's so excited! Have a great day. See you tonight!

Kaylyn said...

So- I just found your blog and didn't know you had one! yay! I didn't even recognize Jonnie! He has gotten so big and very handsome! :)